Utah Passport: g84cso

Monday, November 10, 2008

Budget Buster

Updated! (I couldn't help myself! My husband gave me permission to go over budget by $100 on Tuesday night, so I've got to keep my word right? I am not stopping until I at least spend $100, which is under budget $50. Don't you love how I have justified it!)

I found the laptop amongst the moving mess just to post what an awesome trip I had today. I don't have pictures yet because I can't find the camera, cord and half of my food is in a borrowed freezer until mine is up and running!

I have to admit that when my alarm went off at 4:45 AM. I realized then that I truly am an obsessive shopper! My shopping buddy, mom, and I pulled into the Albertson's parking lot at 5:30 AM realizing that we were not alone! When I saw the already full carts of lotions, shampoo's, deodorant's, and detergent, my heart started pounding and I harnessed all that is obsessive and started shopping. So here are my total's.


11 Knorr/Lipton pasta or rice Sides @ .13 each
2 Lipton Soup Mix@ .50 each
5 Progresso Broth 32 oz. FREE
4 All Liquid Detergent@ .67 each
10 Green Giant boxed veggies @ .28 each
3 Knorr Side Plus Veggies @ .24 each
2 Progresso Broth 32 oz. @ .34 each
2 Betty Crocker Cookie Pouches @ .09 each
10 Suave Kids shampoo @ .47 each
4 Dial Hand soaps @ .69 each
8 Tic Tac's @ .23 each
Fresh mushrooms sliced $1.69
Broccoli Slaw $2
Salad Mix $1.47
Fresh Spinach .97
15 Betty Crocker Cake Mixes @ .50 each
4 Gold Medal 5 lb flour @ $1.25
6 Skippy Peanut Butter @ .88 each
2 Betty Crocker Muffin Mixes @.80 each
1 Best Foods Mayo @ .65
4 Toaster Strudels @ .90 each
4 Degree Deodorants @ .75 each
6 All Liquid Detergent@ $1.17 each
2 El Monterrey Family pack burritos @ $3 each (I lost that coupon somewhere in the store or I would have saved another dollar.)
4 Green Giant boxed veggies FREE
5 Vaseline Lotions FREE
2 Q-Tips 500 ct @ $1.25 each (I didn't use the coupon-should have though!)
5 Suave Lotions @.50 each
5 Suave Deodorants @ .09 each
Cotton balls ( needed them, not on sale) $1.19
1 Purina Dog food 40 lbs. @ $2.99 (used the $15 coupons for this one!)
Kung-Fu Panda DVD $19.95
2 Pop-Tarts FREE
1 Lipton Pasta side FREE
1 bottle of Ginger $3.85 (lost mine in the move, then found out husband lent it to neighbor when it was returned with a plate of cookies yesterday! I will add it to my food storage I guess.)

Total Spent: $108.52
Total Saved: $351.43

Budget Busters come along about 3-4 times a year. I am feeling pretty good since my budget is $50 and this week we bumped it up to $150. I am under budget $41.48 this week! Now it is time to take a breather, at least until the new ads come out!

If you where an obsessive shopper like me this week I would love to hear about it! (that actually might make me feel less crazy:) Post in the comments your spent vs saved or email it with a photo at theobsessiveshopper@live.com and I'll dedicate a special post to you lovely shoppers!

10 Happy Shoppers:

wileyfamilyof5 said...

Thank You for all your tips. I too am an obsessive shopper. I use the mentioned websight to print deals then price match at walmrt.

Melissa said...

Holy Cow! Can I just ask how you got some of that stuff so cheap? I know that I have coupons for some of those things, but they aren't that good of coupons. Does your store double coupons? Thanks for all of you help and info in saving money.

Anonymous said...

We don't have that store here but I kinda felt the same heart pounding when I went to kmart for the double coupons. I got kinda obsessed about getting my deals, and what if they were out..funny but I am learning to calm down some. Looks like you made a good hull.

Ali said...

Hi there! I am sort of new to grocerysmarts and I am becoming an obsessive shopper. It is 12:30am and I can't sleep because I am thinking about the AWESOME deals I got tonight. I have pictures on my other computer. I can send them to you tomorrow if you want...

Anyway, I spent $62.00 (can't remember exact amount. That includes the last $15 off coupon) and saved $354.00!! I was shocked. I am ready to go back tomorrow to get a few extra things. I had to go to two Albertsons because one was out a few things I wanted.

Chris and Annalisa said...

You're so not alone!!! I was at my Albies right at 8am and did 6 transactions. I spent $21.79 out of pocket (+ my $15 RR left over at the end) and got 66 items (Dove, Vaseline, Suave, Progresso, and Betty Crocker Warm Delights). Ended up being $0.33 per item! What a deal!!!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know which stores accept a printed internet coupon? I haven't dared try them because I heard they often get rejected. (I'm new to coupon-ing so please pardon my ignorance.) I am learing lots from savvy women who run sites like these and a am in awe! Amazing!
P.S. I live in Logan so if you know about the Logan stores that would be great!

Shauntell said...

Kathryn,
The store is always the authority, however I live in Cache Valley too and have not had a problem using online coupons. I know that in the past there where a few stores who would not take them. If you want to write me an email at theobsessiveshopper@live.com. I will get more specific for you.
Happy Shopping!

The Leithead Family said...

Okay. So your stuff isn't in Washington necessarily, but I have found my deals! I'm learning and I will do better! Here's my post:

http://leitheadfamily.blogspot.com/2008/11/free-food.html

~Erin.

Erika said...

Well Shauntell, I finally had coupons for things that I wanted and were on sale and saved quite a bit. Not as much as you did, but still quite a bit! You can check out my post on my blog reyeshouse.blogspot.com
I think you need to start explaining how you're saving such incredibly large amounts of money! It's incredible. Also, does your Albertson's accept the printed internet coupons?

The Lind's said...

Hi,
I just found your website from a friends link. I love your blog. I however live in CA and was wondering if you have the passport # for CA. If you do... that would be great!

My email is beclind12@yahoo.com if you could email that info I would appriciate it!

Thanks,
Becca