Utah Passport: g84cso

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Free Movie Tickets

I am so excited about this deal! So here is the scoop: Between July 9th through July 15th, Buy 10 participating General Mills items, get a code on your receipt for 2 Free movie tickets on Fandango for any NEWLY RELEASED movies of your choice! If are already planning on going to a movie this is an awesome deal!

Click here for the Albertson's shopping list with participating items.

I've had questions about how this list appears. If you were to take in account that the movie tickets cost you either $7 for an adult or $5 for a child (this is general assumption it could be more or less but to make things easy I will stick with these amounts), you are getting 2 free which is either a $14 value or a $10 value. The list shows the deals calculated as if you where getting a ticket for $7 or $5 a piece. Like this:


***** Bisquick Baking Mix, 20 oz 1.49 N/A 1.49
$7/ticket, cost is .09 ea
$5/ticket, cost is .49 ea

***** Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad, 1.49 Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad Mixes,

1.24 4.6 - 7.75 oz any flavor .50/2 (Expires7/12/08) SS1-5/18 and SS-6/29

$7/ticket, cost is -.16 ea

$5/ticket, cost is .24 ea

Now lets break down the first item (remember you can mix and match you just have to buy 10 total participating items) which is Bisquick Baking Mix, 20 oz on sale for $1.49. I buy 10 (just to make it easy to explain here) and pay $14.90, at the register I get a code for 2 movie tickets, I am going on a date with my man, I would typically pay $14 for the two of us right? Well, if I take the $14 movie ticket value and subtract it from the $14.90 (plus tax I guess we better mention that) then I would have gotten the Bisquick for .90 or .09 cents a box.


Now lets say you have a coupon for one of the items on the sale. Lets look at the Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad, 4.6 - 7.75 oz on sale for $1.49, with coupon costs $1.24, I buy 10 for a total of $12.40, subtract my ticket value at $14, I got the salad for -$1.60! I made .16 cents a box. Cool huh?

Here are some important things to consider:
  1. Movie tickets are good only through August 31st.
  2. Only participating theaters. Check here, Fandango, with your zip code and or city to see if you have a theater in your area.
  3. You will have to sign up for a free Fandango account, if you already have one you can use it.
  4. If there is not a theater in your area will it be worth your gas and time to travel to the next closest town for a night out? (If I am already going to be in a town that has a theater that is participating I think it would be worth it for me)
  5. I am not sure if you can get more than two tickets. (so before you buy 20 boxes of stuff ask at the customer service desk if you can get more than two)

0 Happy Shoppers: