Utah Passport: g84cso

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rice Recipes

So for the fun of it I am posting a few of my favorite recipes using rice with a request that you will post your favorites in the comment section. Feel free to post as many as you want.



From previous posts click here.

And I found these too.


Rice and Black Bean Bake

1 15 oz can black beans rinsed
1 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chiles
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 8 oz jar picante sauce
2 cups cooked rice
1 8 oz sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

In a bowl combine first four, stir in rice, sour cream, 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9 baking dish sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake uncovered @ 350 for 20 minutes.

3 Happy Shoppers:

Anonymous said...

My sister said she saved A TON of money today using your plan. We really do need to get together. I'll send you an email. Oh and I love this rice recipe.
We're posting our excel spreadsheet on how to plan, and keep track of sale items for your three month storage needs tonight! I think you'll like it, and we'll tell people to actually buy this stuff, they HAVE to check out your blog!

Shauntell said...

I can't wait to start using the Excel spreadsheet! Keep an eye out for my before and after food storage room post. It will really make anyone out there who thinks their food storage room is a mess feel tons better! Thanks for all the help getting the word out let me know if you think of anything that would make the blog better ie: features, questions, etc... Hey where is your rice recipe? LOL

Jodi said...

CHOP SUEY CASSEROLE

Ingredients:
1 lb. lean hamburger (browned with
1/2 onion chopped or onion flakes)
1/2 c. rice, cooked without salt
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 1/4 c. hot water
1/8 c. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
1/2 can chow mein noodles

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Mix all ingredients together (except noodles). Bake in serving bowl covered with foil for 45 minutes. Take off cover. Pour 3 oz. (1/2 can) of chow mein noodles over top. Cook uncovered for 15 more minutes. Let set for 5-10 minutes after cooking.

I would say this would be good with a can or two of chicken thrown in instead of the hamburger (making it a complete food storage meal) but I haven't tried it that way yet!